Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!


On my Mom's birthday, I want to take this moment to honor her. I've heard it said that you cannot fully appreciate your mom until you become one yourself. It is true that I am just beginning to see how great a life of love and sacrifice my mom has and continues to live. Even to this day, she would rather be at home or at her children's homes serving. With joy, she tirelessly raised and trained all five of her children. I remember often my mom telling me that she treasured the years we were at home, knowing that the years would be short and that her home was her mission field. Often, I would see my mom on her knees, crying out to our Lord for strength, direction...praying that her children would come to know, love and serve Him as their Lord and Savior. My mom's life is a testimony that our God is faithful. I am reminded of these verses:

"Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you,and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him" (Isaiah 30:18).

"From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him" (Isaiah 64:4).


Mom, thank you for serving the Lord faithfully and for giving your life so that He would be glorified through you. I love you and appreciate you! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWW!!! Crystal that is so sweet!!! Thank you for being an example of what honoring your mother is to be like!!! You have encouraged and challenged me to be more grateful to my mom for all she has done for me!!! Thanks!! Love Ya!! Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS.TRAUGOTT!!!!
~ Cassie