Thursday, April 3, 2008

It is well with my soul :)

My doctor's appointment went well today. Without going into all the confusing details, I’ll just say, it was very sanctifying. Things not going as I expect are always a good heart check. I am so grateful for the Lord reminding me (in part through my husband and my moms) that he is sovereign over the birth of our babies. It is not ultimately my doctor who is determining things. Even the confusion in communication is apart of his plan. All that said, I have another appointment scheduled for next Thursday and then a “tentative” c-section scheduled for Friday the 18th. I’m not going to set my heart on the 18th though just incase things change. :) And if I go into labor before the 18th, she said they would go ahead and do a c-section then.

I am grateful for the Lord’s timing. I feel ready right now to have these babies but I’m grateful to the Lord for their health and that they are still able to grow as they need to in my womb. The babies are growing and so are my ankles...and as uncomfortable as the next two weeks look, I know they are a blessing from the Lord and I don’t want to waste this precious time. Lord willing, we will see Caleb Andrew Law and Tyler David Law face to face very soon!

Please pray for us during these next few weeks...that I would make the most of this time and that we would bring glory to our Lord by trusting Him and rejoicing in Him no matter what the circumstances.

"I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the LORD;
let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
and let us exalt his name together!
I sought the LORD, and he answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant,
and their faces shall never be ashamed."
Psalm 34:1-5

2 comments:

Medana22 said...

Hey Honey,
I am totally praying for you!
Is one of the boys being stubborn and staying put? :)
Cant wait to hear the good news that your little ones have arrived whatever the date is!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you!!! God is sovereign and in control! He knows the exact time those babies will be here!!! Take comfort in Him and HE will give you rest! We love and miss you!!! We are trusting God with you and look forward to seeing them!!! Love you!! ~The Smith girls