Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day My Love!

Wow, we're just coming upon our 3 year anniversary and the Lord has already blessed us with 3 sons! It truly is a wonderful day to give glory to God and to thank Him for His undeserved goodness and abundant mercy. Happy Father's Day, my Love. :)

Okay, so if any of you love blueberries as much as my husband does, you will most likely love this recipe too. It is Aaron's favorite and he always gets so excited when I make them. Even if I double the recipe, they don't last very long. :) As you can see, I doubled this batch and couldn't even find a bowl big enough.

Aaron's Favorite Blueberry Cream Muffins


Yields: 2 Dozen
Ingredients

4 Eggs
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Vegetable oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
4 cups All purpose flour
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking soda
2 teaspoon Baking powder
2 cups (16 oz.) Light sour cream
2 cups Fresh or frozen blueberries

Instructions
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar. While beating, slowly pour in oil; add vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with the sour cream to egg mixture. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon into greased or lined muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Makes 24 muffins.

Source: The Joy of Hospitality (A cookbook from the ladies at Covenant Life Church)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be trying this recipe! My sweetie loves blueberries as well! It was so good to see you at the ladies retreat! You are just the sweetest thing. I love seeing your smiing face. What a blessing you are!

Anonymous said...

OOO! Yum! I will be trying this recipe!!!Looks good!!! Love you and miss you!!! :) ~Lynette

Unknown said...

Crystal . . . I made these muffins and they were a hit! Thank you for posting your recipe. My Nicholas couldn't get enough of them!