Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Day Weekend


Aaron and I were so blessed this Valentine's Day. Amber had a valentine's party that her and Stephanie planned for the girls in their caregroup. It worked out really well since Aaron and I actually don't prefer to go "out" on Valentines Day since it's so crowded...so we planned to have a quiet dinner at home. Okay, so it wasn't quite "quiet" at first but it was sweet! Aaron grilled some delicious steaks that my Pappy and Nana sent us for Christmas. We had a yummy dinner over candle light as we were surrounded by our precious boys. Once we put the boys down for bed, I was able to surprise Aaron with chocolate fondue for dessert. (Some sweet friends, Shelly Day and Brandi Lenfestey had sent me a package in the mail filled with a fondue pot, chocolate, candles, special valentine plates & napkins ... all so that I would be able to bless and surprise my hubby with it!) Thank you Shelly and Brandi!!! We also had received a huge basket FULL of goodies from the Wyzga Caregroup which we got to open together (one of the 2 caregroups who have adopted our family during our time here for the PC). Thank you Wyzga Caregroup!

Then, on Sunday night had the joy of attending a Sweetheart Banquet for all the PC couples. It was incredible! They had so many fun surprises for us (which I can't give away in case any of you get to be apart of it in future years)...but let me just say, we were amazed once again by the care, creativity and joy of those who served us by putting it all together.

We don't deserve any of these blessing but they are definitely icing on the cake...all coming from our great God, who has given the most precious gift of all, our Savior, Jesus Christ!

No comments: