Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Sweet Pappy

This picture was taken back in August 08 as we were able to stop by for a short visit on our way to Maryland.

My sweet Pappy (my mom's dad) has been in the hospital for 3 weeks now. To not go into too much detail ... he has been having heart trouble, has been in and out of consciousness and has lost oxygen to his brain which has resulted in having much difficulty even being able to talk or to swallow on his own. It has been very sad for me as I would so love to be able to be there with them during this time ... but they’re in South Carolina and I'm in Maryland … I am resting in the Lord’s wisdom and in the boundary lines He has set for me. (Psalm 16) I’ve written him and was just able to talk over the speaker phone to him today for the first time. I broke down crying towards the end because it is hard to hear him struggling like he is. Gratefully, he knows our Savior and so there is comfort and peace even in this time of trial.

I've heard, which I'm not surprised about, :) my Pappy has been very joyful and sweet during this whole time of trial. Even though he's been unable to talk well, he's been making everyone laugh by doing his silly forehead trick and just by being his sweet self.

We would be so grateful for your prayers...for healing for my Pappy and for comfort and rest in our Savior during this trial.

One of the main scriptures that has been precious to me through this time is Psalm 23:
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
forever."

2 comments:

Jordan Family said...

Praying for you and your dear family. -AJ

Taraleigh said...

Hey sweetie! Been praying for you and your family. I got your note but not sure if I have a current email address. Can you email me?
Love,
Taraleigh